Improving the quality of health in Barnet through sustainable primary care
Extended Hours Service (EHS)
About the service
The Extended Hours Service (EHS) is provided to Barnet practices on an opt-in basis to fulfil the requirements of the Network Contract Directed Enhanced Service (DES) for 2021-22. Patients registered with the respective practices are able to be booked into the service.
PCN2 and practices that have opted into the service for 2021/2022 are as follows:
- Deans Lane Medical Centre
- The Village Surgery
- Addington Medical Centre
- Derwent Medical Centre
- East Finchley Medical Practice
- Gloucester Road Surgery
- Lichfield Grove Surgery
- Longrove Surgery/Vale Drive
- The Old Courthouse Surgery
- The Speedwell Practice
- Squires Lane Medical Practice
- Torrington Park Group Practice
- Wentworth Medical Practice
- Woodlands Medical Practice
- Heathfielde Medical Centre
- Supreme Medical Centre
- Temple Fortune Medical Group
- Appointments are available:
Sat & Sun 08.00-12.00
- Please be aware GP practices also provide their own EHS service; therefore, even if you GP practice does not appear on the above list, you can still contact your practice and ask for an evening or weekend appointment
The following clinical roles are available within the EHS service offering the best care possible to patients.
- Social prescribing link workers (SPLWs)
- Diabetic Specialist Nurse (DSN)
The main benefits of the service to member practices include:
- Flexibility and support needed to deliver the service by allowing practices to utilise their existing workforce within general practice or via the federation.
- A broad skill-mix of staff that can only be offered at scale.
Booking a patient into the EHS service:
- Practices are advised to make bookings through the “Book cross-organisational slot” feature in EMIS. In the “Appointment criteria” section, the organisation is Barnet Federated GPs CIC.