Improving the quality of health in Barnet through sustainable primary care
Extended Access Service (EAS)
About the service
The Extended Access Service (EAS) is available to all patients registered in a GP practice within Barnet. The service is currently operating with all patients seen initially via telephone or video consultations, with face-to-face provision also included.
The service operates Monday-Friday 18.30-21.00, Saturday, Sunday & Bank Holidays 08.00-20.00 and provided from the following clinic locations across Barnet:
- Oak Lodge Medical Centre
- Edgware Community Hospital
- Wentworth Medical Practice
- Cricklewood Health Centre
- Longrove Surgery (weekends only).
In addition to both routine and on-the-day GP appointments, the service also offers routine nurse appointments. Please contact your practice to book a nurse appointment in this service.
The service is an extension of the GP care that you receive in your own practice, and is led by local GPs and consistently receives high patient satisfaction ratings. The GPs can provide the same services that you receive in your practice, including referral to community and secondary care services, prescribing, and ordering diagnostic tests.
To book an evening or weekend appointment, either:
- Contact your GP practice in the usual way and ask for a weekday evening or weekend appointment, or
- Call the primary care access hub directly on 020 3948 6809. (phone line operational from Monday-Friday 18.30-20.00 and Saturday-Sunday 08.00-20.00).
Patients can also access the service by calling NHS 111.
***Please be aware, if you do have an appointment, please DO NOT turn up at any of our hubs unless you have been asked directly by the clinician to attend face-to-face***
- Practices are advised to make bookings through the “Book cross-organisational slot” feature in EMIS. In the “Appointment criteria” section, the organisation is Barnet Federated GPs CIC.
- When booking a patient an appointment, please provide the patient with updated contact numbers. This will ensure that the GP can successfully contact the patient to conduct a telephone or video consultation.
Click on the below to see our hub locations
EAS – Hub – Addresses